<OL>
<LI>Years bring wisdom. 年长智也增。
<LI>Yesterday is dead, forget it; tomorrow does not exist, don't worry; today is here, use it. 昨天已经消逝,把它忘掉;明天还未来到,不必烦恼;今天就在眼前,把它用好。
<LI>Yesterday will not be called again. 光阴一去不复返。
<LI>You are the greatest enemy if you are a coward, but if you are brave, you are your greatest friend. 如果你是胆小鬼,你就是自己最大的敌人;如果你是勇敢者,你就是自己最好的朋友。
<LI>You can do more than strike while the iron is hot; you can make the iron hot by striking. 铁热时,你能做的不止是锤打,而锤打可使铁热。
<LI>You can fool some of the people all the time, and all of the people some of the time; but you can't fool all of the people all the time. 你可以一直愚弄一些人,甚至可以在某个时期愚弄所有的人;但不能一直愚弄所有的人。
<LI>You cannot clap with one hand. 孤掌难鸣。
<LI>You cannot have two forenoons in the same day. 一日之中不可能有两个上午。
<LI>You cannot flay the same ox twice. 一头牛不能剥两次皮。
<LI>You cannot judge a tree by its bark. 人不可貌相。
<LI>You cannot make a crab walk straight. 江山易改,本性难移。
<LI>You (or One) cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. 粗瓷碗雕不出细花来。
<LI>You cannot sell the cow and sup the milk. 你不可能出售乳牛,同时又要喝牛奶。
<LI>You can take a horse to the water but you cannot make him drink. 马到河边不喝水,逼马低头亦枉然。(不要逼人做他不愿做的事)
<LI>You can't eat your cake and have it. 不能既要吃饼,又要把饼保存。
<LI>You can't make bricks without straw. 没有稻草,制砖难搞。
<LI>You can't make omelets (or omeletts) without breaking eggs. 有失才有得。
<LI>You have no goats, and yet you sell kids. 你虽无老山羊,却出卖小山羊。
<LI>You make the failure complete when you stop strying. 不再努力之时,就是完全失败之日。
<LI>You may force a man to shut his eyes, but you cannot make him sleep. 你可以迫人闭眼,但不能使他睡觉。
<LI>You may go farther and fare worse. 一动不如一静。
<LI>You may know the horse by his harness. 欲知马如何,可看套马索。
<LI>You must not pledge your own health. 切不可把健康作孤注一掷。
<LI>You must reap what you have sown. 种瓜得瓜,种豆得豆。
<LI>You never know what you can do till you try. 事非经过不知难。
<LI>Young man may die but old men must die. 年轻人可能会死,老年人难免不亡。
<LI>You roll my log and I'll roll yours. 互相吹嘘。
<LI>Youth is a blunder; manhood a struggle, old age a regret. 青年冒失莽撞;成年发奋图强;老年遗憾懊丧。
<LI>Youth is life's seed-time. 青年时代是人生的播种期。
<LI>Youth is the season of hope, enterprise, and energy, to a nation as well as an individual. 青年时期对国家和个人都是希望、创业和精力充沛的时期。
<LI>Youth looks forward and age backward. 青年人向前看,老年人向后看。
<LI>Youth means limitless possibilities. 年轻意味着无限希望</LI></OL> |