转眼过去一年多,我一个青葱少年转眼混成了飞扬老油条。回头看当时的翻译,一气呵成的过程实在是匆忙,有些地方有些粗糙。重新来。

评分

查看全部评分

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2021-6-22 22:53 | 显示全部楼层

《Reminiscences of a Stock Operator》

《股魔回忆录》

I went to work when I was just out of grammar school. I got a job as quotation-board boy in a stock-brokerage office. I was quick at figures. At school I did three years of arithmetic in one. I was particularly good at mental arithmetic. As quotation-board boy I posted the numbers on the big board in the customers' room. One of the customers usually sat by the ticker and called out the prices. They couldn't come too fast for me. I have always remembered figures. No trouble at  all.

苦逼呀,小爷念完小学就出来打工鸟,在一家股票中介所里头当报价员。

我对数字的反应很快,在学校时别人学三年的算术老子一年就整完鸟。特别是心算,简直不摆了。作为一个报价员,我的活儿就是在营业大厅的行情板上更新股票价格。那时候的古董报价系统是这样的,交易中心的股票价格通过电报传到中介所来,电报机前面通常等着一个猴急的股民,他看到新价格就吼给我,我再写在行情板上让其他股民看见。他吼再快我都写得赢,从来没出过差错。

There were plenty of other employers in that office. Of course I made friends with the other fellows, but the work I did, if the market was active, kept me too busy from ten A.M. to three P.M. to let me do much talking. I don't care for it. anyhow, during business hours.

当然我也交了些狐朋狗友,中介所里还有不少打工仔。只是股市活跃的时候肯定是没空扯犊子的,上午10点到下午3点,忙得屁股冒烟烟。不过,忙就忙呗,小爷无所谓。

But a busy market did not keep me from thinking about the work. Those quotaitons did not represent prices of stocks to me, so many dollars per share. They were numbers. Of course, they meant something. They were always changing. It was all I had to be interested in - the changes. Why did they change? I didn't know. I didn't care. I didn't think about that. I simply saw that they changed. That was all I had to  think about five hours every day and two on Saturdays: that they were always changing.

再忙也不耽误小爷思考。对我来说,电报传过来的行情并不代表股票的价格、多少美元一股什么的。数字,它们只是数字而已。当然它们肯定意味着什么,因为他们总是不断地变来变去。我唯一感兴趣就是这个“变来变去”。它们为啥子总是变来变去呢?爷不知道。爷也不想知道。爷根本就不在乎这个。我就是简简单单地看着它们变来变去,我全部的注意力就放在这个变来变去上面——星期一至星期五,每天五小时,再加上星期六的两小时——我就全身心地盯着它们变来变去。

That is how I first came to be interested in the behaviour of prices. I had a very good memory for figures. I could remember in detail how the prices had acted on the previous day, just before they went up or down. My fondness for mental arithmetic came in very handy.

那是我最初被股性所吸引。对于数字,我有非常好的记忆力。我清清楚楚地记得头一天的价格变动,我是说价格变动的细节,每时每刻的变动细节,不论是涨还是跌。我对心算的热情给我的帮助实在是太他妈的大鸟。

评分

查看全部评分

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-6-23 12:52 | 显示全部楼层
顶!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2021-11-9 19:04 | 显示全部楼层
李默佛尔在股票界,我觉得有点类似吴清源大师在围棋界的地位,永远的大神,他的书,每次读都会有新的收获
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-12-8 16:14 | 显示全部楼层
水一下,为了50权限,谢谢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2023-12-18 08:12 | 显示全部楼层
棋与股票,犹如日本的樱花与武士刀
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|飞扬围棋网 ( 苏ICP备11029047号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 21:34 , Processed in 0.132516 second(s), 18 queries .

since 2003飞扬围棋论坛 Licensed

© 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表